KKSBlog is looking for an volunteer editor / transcriber that will handle all daily editing and publishing of content provided by our contributors, who will supervise and train new contributors and will manage the publishing of articles. Read below for the full overview.
Editor – Transcriber
- Planning and managing daily editing/publishing operations
- Transcribing when needed
- Coaching and supervising our contributors
- Collaborating with the web administrator to determine issues’ content and topics
We are looking for a skilled Editor – transcriber to oversee our daily publishing operations. You will be reporting only to the web administrator and in some cases to Kadamba Kanana Swami and supervise writers, editors and other staff.
An editor – transcriber combines the innovativeness of a writer with the practical focus on daily operations. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories and see them through to publication. We expect excellent organisational skills as well as a unique problem-solving ability.
- Plan and manage daily operations
- Coach and supervise contributors
- Collaborate with the web administrator to determine issues’ content and topics
- Coordinate editorial publications
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers etc.)
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalised copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Proven experience as editor or relevant role experience
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of online platforms like WordPress and SEO concepts
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organisational skills
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- Editing, converting and uploading of audio recordings (nice to have but optional)
A short training by our in house editor is included during the editor transition.
If you see yourself as an editor for KKSBlog and want to make a important contribution to KKSBlog and Kadamba Kanana Swami then apply directly by sending a reply or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.